Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In My Studio

Summer.


These are the paintings I am working on today.
The middle one is the annoying painting for my mom that I have been working on since last summer. I started it badly and am finding it very hard to work on. The seascape is not a subject that I feel excited about but I do enjoy the light I am creating in it. Finish it I must.
The other two are under paintings for studies from life.
I am really enjoying painting in oil. I started glazing over the orchid today. I like the way it looks. I think my figure study started out pretty well too, but I'm frustrated because I won't be here for the rest of the pose. I have to be out of town, away from my studio, all summer.

I love my studio.



(click on pictures to see larger images)
I cleaned and organized today. Gotta prioritize. Finish some projects. I know that I really want to learn how to paint well. But I also want to finish all my figure drawings. And the image above, "love wraps around my heart, like a boa constrictor," needs to get finished on so many levels. The plate needs to be finished. It needs color. And the collage will be the finished product. Maybe this is what should be in Dupree's show. As usual, it is hard to focus on one thing. There are other prints I want to finish as well.

Then there are the lights.
I got frustrated with these cause I made some great circular ones but the lights I used were junk- so the artwork doesn't work very well :(. I know they have a lot of potential. (images of the circular ones are in an earlier post)



There's so much to do!

No comments: