Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I need time. (and money)

I think that someone should pay me to be an artist.

I don't want to be sitting here, researching old paintings. I want to have time and money to make new art. 40 hours a week is too much time to give up, especially when I am still broke at the end of the week, and there is so much art to make!

I need time to research grants and residencies.
I need time to study, read about artists and their projects.
Time to learn about mold making and resin casting.
I need time to develop my own community art program in west philly.
I need time to draw and paint the figure.

THEN
I need time to make my light boxes- and figure out exactly what they are about
Time to finish my "struggle" print, hand color it, and make a collage out of it.
Time to finish the commissioned painting for my mom
I need time to finish the prints with dogs, about poverty and violence and desperation and fear.

and sometimes
I just want to knit myself a hat, or a pair of gloves, on the couch with my dog.

I need time.

No comments: